Can my child see an NHS Speech and Language Therapist (SLT) and an independent one?

Yes, of course. It is a good idea for both Speech and Language Therapists to liaise to ensure maximum benefit to your child. I've worked in the Mid Essex NHS Speech and Language Therapy team and have strong links with the therapists in the immediate local area.

Will you work with my child's education setting?

Absolutely. I have worked in colleges, schools, nurseries and preschools extensively throughout my career. I can provide training to staff and can model specific strategies. I can also write detailed plans for staff to follow, on request.

What are your qualifications?

I have a post graduate diploma in Speech and Language Therapy, which I achieved with Distinction. Since qualifying I have continued to build on my skills, completing training in areas such as PECS, Intensive Interaction, Dysphagia, Makaton, Down's Syndrome, Social Stories, Comic Strip Conversations, Complex Trauma and more. 

What is the difference between NHS and private Speech and Language Therapy?

An Independent SLT and an NHS one must be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and are subject to the same professional standards. Independent SLT's charge for assessment, advice and therapy. This enables clients to have more choice and flexibility over the timing, location and frequency of therapy. Assessment and therapy can be provided much sooner with an independent SLT. On occassions children with more mild difficulties do not meet the criteria for NHS Speech and Language Therapy.  

The Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice (ASLTIP) provides information to members of the public about independent (private) SLT's. Contact them at 

Where Will you see my Child?

I usually see children in their own homes but can also work with children in their education setting. As I do not have a clinic base I am not able to see children who live further away than a 30 mile round trip of my home in Feering, Essex.